!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->

So, your water heater on the fritz, but whom do you call? Do you need a plumber, electrician, or HVAC technician? It depends on the issue, but in most cases, you should call a licensed plumber to fix a water heater.

Let’s look at some specific issues with your water heater that might require another professional’s help.

Fix a Water Heater

Knowing who to call when you have water heater problems can be stressful. That’s why we put together these guidelines for you.

When to Call the Electrician

Most licensed plumbers can handle almost all water heater problems. They’re specifically trained in all aspects of a water heater, including electrical wiring, piping, heating elements, anode rods, gas lines, and more.

However, if the water heater issue points to larger problems within your building’s electrical system, you will need to call an electrician.

Some of these problems may include:

  • A water heater that keeps tripping the circuit breaker.
  • Blown or overheating water heater fuse box.
  • Loose wiring.

Not your water heater problem? Then, you’ll need a plumber.

When to Call a Plumber

You’ll need to call a plumber for these common water heater problems:

  • No hot water.
  • Water that’s too hot or too cold.
  • Smelly water.
  • A noisy tank.
  • Off-color water. (rust-colored)
  • The water heater is leaking.
  • Low hot water pressure.
  • Pilot light won’t stay lit.

Now that you know whom to call for your water heater issues, you can get back to enjoying your day!

Do you need a new commercial water heater and not sure where to get the best prices? Call Wallingford Sales. We may not be able to fix your water heater, but we can help you replace it.

We offer wholesale prices for commercial water heaters, fast shipping, and friendly customer service. Contact us today to shop our extensive online catalog. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.